Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What are happy pants?

Some people are jean wearing people, some are slack people, some are skirt wearing people, I'm a happy pants person!!
Growing up, I don't think my mom ever put me in jeans. Working at a fabric store, she usually sewed my clothes.  I think I first started to wear jeans in my late elementary years. Don't get me wrong, I wear jeans when I go out of the house. When I was working as a Veterinary Technician, I wore scrubs, but the minute I get home I take those off and find some happy pants! 
There I am with my happy pants on! My name is Ashley.
I suppose a definition could be handy:
Happy Pants: Any pants that have a stretch.  Comfortable, loose fitting, pants that are easily transformed to workout pants and/or sleeping pants. 
...and i'm a little on the short side so mine are usually too long. 
This is my daughter Tessie! I get to stay home with this little talkative ball of energy everyday now!

Some brief history coming your way:  I enjoyed being a Veterinary Technician for 5 years after going to Vet Tech school for 2 years.  I developed very personal relationships with clients, and enjoyed caring for their pets.  I assisted in surgery, monitored anesthesia, took blood samples, did therapeutic laser treatments, and the list goes on and on!  It's not an easy peasy job, but I loved the work. Just over 3 years ago I had Tessie, and I was so sure I wanted to keep working, which I did for her first 2 years of life, I had to.  We couldn't afford for me to stay home, but the desire to stay home with her was strong after she was born.  I didn't think I'd ever be able to, but things worked out. We made a move to Montana for my husband's job, and I'm now a stay at home mommy! 

Now that I'm a stay at home mom, I pretty much wear happy pants all the time!  It's wonderful!
In addition to my love of veterinary medicine, I love crafting, especially scrapbooking and paper crafting!  Now that you know what happy pants are, I can get on with this blog... I'll be highlighting adventures of a stay at home mom with fun things that we come up with, also showing off fun crafty things I come up with!  You can expect to see fun sensory project ideas as I strive to do more of these type of things with my daughter, along with lots more!  Stay tuned for what's to come...

Disclaimer:  I was not an English major, nor did I enjoy taking English classes, so don't expect proper editing or grammar in this blog, and any opinions are my own, it's just me, being...well me!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!!!!! Can't wait to read more and see what you two beautiful blondes create!

    ReplyDelete