Thursday, March 26, 2015

Bath time foam painting!

This is a great rainy or snowy day indoor activity!  My daughter loves having activities in the tub, we've done bath paints and bath crayons, but I decided to amp it up! 

I've done plain foam before using men's shave cream, the smell is just too strong for me....and it lingers in the tub so I wasn't interested in going down that road again, but you can certainly try it....I think i'm sensitive to smells anyway :-)

So, we started with bath foam - we scored these free at a garage sale, still sealed up! You can buy it in the soap/bubble bath aisles at Target/Walmart. I squirted some foam into each tin cup, added traditional food coloring (just a drop or 2) to get a variety of colors, then mixed it together using a toothpick.
I love gel food coloring but for this project the liquid stuff was easier to mix in and I didn't want to risk the potent gel color dying my tub (in the new house)!  I let my daughter help out with the mixing so that was incorporated into the activity!

In the tub I gave her some paint brushes (I think she preferred using her hands!), then after the foam was gone, she used the tin like a boat for her tub toys!

Super easy, simple, quick activity to do that will yield at least a half hour of play! We even made the clean up part of the activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment